(General note: sorry for the super long hiatus, life stuff got in the way)
So lately, for some odd reason, there’s been a major increase in the amount of spam comments being posted to my blog by bots. Not sure why, and more so, not sure why they’d even bother with a small personal blog like mine. But these days, I’m getting something in the order of a 1000 spam posts in my comments section per week. Thankfully, I have the Akismet plugin for WordPress, which does a fantastic job of filtering out this garbage.
But I thought it would be fun to share some of the more absurd, funny, or otherwise surreal spams I get on my blog. Comments in italics are mine. Enjoy!
- Zune and iPod: Most people compare the Zune to the Touch, but after seeing how slim and surprisingly small and light it is, I consider it to be a rather unique hybrid that combines qualities of both the Touch and the Nano. (Thanks, man. This info would be really helpful…if it was 2006.)
- Maybe i got a different wig because i look unboweaveable!!! Im trying to work with this hair. (unboweaveable!!! OMG, I see what you did there!!!)
- Dear Mr/MadamI am looking for a excelent Suffolk ram and some Lams. Please, send me information about your Stock and the average pricelist. (OK: ram is 300 bitcoins, Lams be 500)
- Watering on the terrace works well. Taking oil bath is very good. Why not eat mangoes, cane juice and jack fruit. (Why not indeed, my oily terrace dwelling spammer, why not indeed.)
- Appreciation for this information is over 9000-thank you! (Help me get to 10,000 appreciation, please)
- See yourself in pastless time.(Pastless time? Pastless…time…WHOAH! Paging Mr. Grant Morrison. Mind. Blown.)
- You can then click on the Internet .. Your profession is considered to be sure you shop around and you spendexpense of fully comprehensive cover provides you with the solicitors recommendations. I use the “B” word – they’re more likely to receive car insurance company is liable to compensate. (Oh, I used the “B” word too when I saw your incomprehensible spam. Then I clicked on the Internet and all was well.)